Project Support Grants
Grants Frequently Asked Questions
Cultural Organization Capital Investment Grant
What Can We Apply For?
The Utah State Legislature generously provided $2 million dollars to invest in capital projects for cultural facilities in Utah. The facility must house an arts organization or a museum, or in review be determined eligible as a cultural institution. If a project involves historical renovation of a building, it must be a building that is used for an arts or cultural institution or a museum. Project-related facilities must be publicly owned or owned by a nonprofit organization and the public must be able to access the venue as visitors or constituents. In order to apply for this funding, the awarded money must be spent on the capital project in entirety by June 30, 2022. These funds will be competitive and it is anticipated that not all proposals will be funded.
- Capital funds may be used for new construction, or renovations and remodeling to an existing facility.
- Consulting funding can be requested for the following types of services: Feasibility Study, Architecture Design, Other Design , Engineering, or Construction Project Management.
- Funding for the commissioning of an artist for project specific public artwork.
- Funding may be requested to assist with updating the HVAC, roof repairs, or accessibility accommodations. Requests for these types of projects must be justified and appropriate comparison bids must be supplied.
- Projects may be already underway, but may not have been completed. This grant will not pay for contract work or purchases that have already taken place.
*Please review the guidelines for detailed information about what can be funded, funding priorities, and required documents*
Who Can Apply?
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations
- Municipalities, government agencies
- Federally recognized tribal communities or tribes
Can We See the Questions Before We Apply?
Yes! Please review the full grant guidelines before you apply.
How Do We Apply?
Once you have reviewed the guidelines and questions, you may apply through our online grant portal. You will need a portal account to access our grant applications. If you do not have one, please submit a new user request (on the portal page) or contact the grants staff. Creation of an account can take up to two days.
When is the Grant Deadline?
Monday, October 25, 2021 at 5:00pm MST