General Operating Support (GOS) Grants
FY23 GOS Update:
If you received GOS funding in FY22, your interim report will be due by August 15, 2022. If you received General Operating Support funding in FY22, your grant for FY23 will be the same amount, and will be available following the review of an interim report and any other reports for emergency funding received. Organizations that did not apply for FY22/23 General Operating Support funds may apply for the FY24/25 round of general operating support funding or a FY24 project grant. Sign up for the Arts Muse Newsletter in order to receive updates on when the next grant rounds will be available (approximately Feb-Mar 2023).
General Operating Support Grants are offered every other year. We are currently in the second year of the cycle. We have left the guidelines linked below to provide general information about what the grant application consists of. The grant application for FY24/25 will be available in February 2023
For Utah-based 501(c)(3) Nonprofit organizations or government agencies that are:
- Arts organizations-organizations with an arts-based mission.
- Museums- Art & non-art museums with a physical location in Utah that are open to the public and maintain an active collection
- Designated Local Arts Agencies (through the Division of Arts & Museums) that function as a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit organization, government agency, or a hybrid of the two.
How Do We Apply for GOS funds?
- Start here: FY22 GOS Master Guidelines
- Determine your organization's budget size (based on revenue) and find the guidelines that apply to your budget size:
How do I access the application form?
- Access the application through our online grant portal. You will need a portal account to access our grant applications. If you do not have one, please submit a new user request through the portal or contact the grants staff. Creation of an account can take up to two days.
Where can I find the budget sheet?
- Be sure to use the FY22 GOS budget form. Other budget forms will not be accepted. If you need help with the budget, we have included the "cheat sheet" on the second tab of the budget form.
Please note: If you submitted an application for Create in Utah, Phase 3, you may update the budget sheet that you used for that application with your award amount and any other changes and resubmit it. You do not need to transfer the data from that budget sheet to a new budget sheet.