Arts Day on the Hill
WHEN: FEBRUARY 21, 2019
Arts Day 2019 will be held on February 21, and is hosted by the Utah Cultural Alliance in collaboration with the Utah Division of Arts & Museums, Art Works for Kids, the Utah State Board of Education, and the Utah Music Educators Association.
- 9am // Registration opens (Presentation Room - First Floor)
- 9:30am // Welcome, Brief Advocacy Training
- 11am // Senate Chambers for Senate President Art Competition and Recognition from floor
- 11:35am // House Chambers for Recognition from floor
- 11am-3pm // Most meetings with Legislators (your legislative captain is setting up meetings in advance!)
- 12pm // BYOLunch to the Rotunda
- 12pm-2pm // Performances from around the state in the rotunda
Would you be willing to serve as a legislative captain? If so please contact email@example.com. Duties of a Legislative Captain:
- UCA assigns you 2-4 legislators
- Reach out to legislator or their staff to schedule meetings on February 5th with arts day attenders who are their constituents
- Shepherd arts day attendars who are constituents of your legislators throughout the day
- Lead meeting with legislators
- YOU MUST ATTEND A UCA LEG CAPTAIN TRAINING (2 hours) BEFORE FEBRUARY 5
- YOU MUST BE PRESENT AT ARTS DAY 8:30am-3pm
- Sign up to be a captain here
- Most events during Arts Day are happening in the Capitol Board Room, which is on the 2nd floor of the Capitol building, on it's east end. The Capitol building is the south, main building of the capitol complex.
Most events during Arts Day are happening in the Capitol Board Room, which is on the 2nd floor of the Capitol building, on it's east end. The Capitol building is the south, main building of the capitol complex.
The Utah Cultural Alliance has arranged a dinner with legislators for the night before Arts Day: February 20th at 6pm, Little America. Click HERE to purchase a ticket.